Pasco Corp Announced as Reseller of Urban Vexcel Data in Japan
The following is a brief summary of the news release shared in Japan from Pasco on December 27, 2021.
PASCO Corporation, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, announced that come April 2022, they will be the exclusive reseller of Vexcel data for Urban (major metro) areas. Since November 2021, Pasco had been using the award-winning UltraCam Osprey 4.1 camera sensor to collect urban data on their own. Impressed by the results and quality of imagery and data they were capturing, they made the move to become a reseller within Japan.
“We are pleased to have Pasco as a partner in the development of Japan’s urban data,” shared Erik Jorgensen, CEO of the Vexcel Group. “We are honored to partner with them and be able to deliver valuable images and data to our customers in Japan and around the world.”
PASCO will be collecting in three major metropolitan areas of Japan (Tokyo, Kinki, and Chukyo) and other government ordinance designated cities and core cities. Imagery to be collected includes Oblique, True Ortho, Multispectral, and DSM.
Planned uses for Vexcel’s data include (but are not limited to):
- High-precision mapping for car navigation and automatic driving
- Updated basic city planning maps for local governments
- Mapping change over time with urban/suburban developments and vegetation changes
- Radio wave propagation analysis with DSM for base station location planning
- Building footprints and property attributes data insights